New Look The Gyle
Do you find it easy to build relationships with anyone you meet? Do you get excited seeing new trends and inspiring fashion? We have an opportunity for you to earn while you learn, in a role that will let you use both these talents.
Retail is a fantastic path, to start your career within the service or fashion industry. We are offering a retail apprenticeship at New Look in Edinburgh on a 12 months fixed term contract.
Your role will be based at the Gyle Shopping Centre. within a busy retail store in Edinburgh where you will be providing excellent customer service, but selling to customers is only one part of the job.
We welcome and encourage Apprenticeship applications from groups currently underrepresented including, individuals from an ethic minority, disability or care leaver back ground. learndirect operate a fair and open competition on our selection process based on merit.
If you are the successful candidate for this vacancy, you will be expected to provide exceptional customer service.
Some of your duties may include:
- involvement in stock control and management
- keeping up to date with special promotions and putting up displays
- being responsible for processing cash and card payments
- balancing cash registers with receipts
- reporting discrepancies and problems to the supervisor
- assisting shoppers to find the goods and products they are looking for
- greeting customers who enter the shop
- stocking shelves with merchandise
- dealing with customer refunds
- keeping the store tidy and clean, this includes hovering and mopping
- attaching price tags to merchandise on the shop floor
This is an overview of some of your potential everyday tasks.
Retail Level 2
- SVQ Level 2 in Retail Skills (SCQF 5)
- Level 2 Core Skills in Numeracy, ICT & Communication (SCQF4)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities Workbook
When you have successfully completed your Apprenticeship, you may have the opportunity to progress to an SVQ level 3 in retail.
All of your training will be provided by learndirect, the nations largest provider of Apprenticeships. We have helped lots of people like you develop their skills and gain experience in their chosen field. Every year we find work for and train over 23,000 apprentices.
You should have excellent communication skills with the desire to work in a team environment. You will be organised and confident with a passion for delivering exceptional customer service.
Nat 4 qualifications or equivalent is preferred but not essential.
You will be a reliable and enthusiastic person with a professional attitude and smart appearance.
Before you make your application, please ensure that you are able to reliably travel to and from the employer location on a daily basis. Please check bus times/travel arrangements.