An automotive supplied based in Livingston are now looking to recruit a business and administration modern apprentice. All applicants should have a keen interest in working within a busy office environment doing administration tasks.
The candidate will be responsible for raising sales orders, goods despatch and stock movement documentation as well as dealing with customers on the telephone and in person. Additionally the candidate will assist with filing and certain aspects of goods inward and accounts processing.
The candidate will work closely with accounts, purchase processing, goods inwards and sales department staff. The candidate will gain a great grounding in office administration and be able to progress in a more specialist manner as suits their development.
The day to day duties will include:
1. Raising sales orders, goods despatch and stock movement documentation
2. Deal with goods in and carriage out paperwork
3. Assist with purchase invoice processing
4. Deal with customers visiting factory
5. Deal with telephone sales enquiries and email sales enquiries
You will be rewarded with your SVQ level 3 in business and administration.
You will also learn more personal qualities such as;
• Good communication skills, both oral and written
• Good organisational skills
• Good interpersonal and customer service skills
• An ability to work using own initiative within boundaries
• An ability to work effectively with people across a wide range of levels and responsibilities
• Good team-working skills
The candidate should be reliable with numbers and have a strong attention for detail. Some knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing packages is desirable but not essential. Strong written and verbal communication skills are necessary.
The position is suited to someone wanting a start in a busy sales office. An alert and cheerful personality will contribute to ready adoption by the hard working and fun loving Transcal office team. Training and further education would be supported if candidate is seeking advancement. Time off for training and development will be allowed. This will be the candidates first or second employment.