The individual will be shadowing the current Level III NDT Engineer. Internal and external training will be provided and the individual's responsibilities once trained will be to:
• To ensure that agreed customer delivery times are achieved through maintaining product conformity and that customers receive a high standard of service at all times.
• To maintain, improve and drive forward shop floor processes by enforcing a quality management system structured to ensure products and services meet high quality standards.
• To support the WGEO FCO in ensuring export compliance activities for the site.
• To undertake internal and external audits to ensure product and process conformity.
• To have a thorough and focused approach to investigating and problem solving.
• To initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformance relating to product, process and quality system.
• Identify and record any problems relating to product, process and quality system.
• Control further processing and delivery of non-conforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
• To initiate and drive close-out of actions to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformance (product, process or quality system).
• To undertake internal QMS audits to ensure product and process conformity and deal with customer and supplier audits on site.
• Support process owners in review and update of process procedures and instructions.
• To prepare certification and shipping documents.
• To archive records.
• To liaise with customers, suppliers, third parties and other companies within the group.
A typical day in this role involves a wide variety of different tasks and challenges. From attending meetings, to working with and enforcing our Quality Management System; including problem solving and liaising with other departments.
Communication will be a key part of the role.
AS910 Quality Management System Enforcement
This role will involve working as part of a team but will have a good deal of autonomy.
The requirements for the role are strong higher results: at least 4 highers at B or above.
The successful candidate will have a positive, hard working attitude who builds close relationships and work well with others.
This role is designed to give the individual a long career with the Company, with a potential for progression into leadership roles in the future.
• Sound PC skills.
• Must have a high degree of numerical ability.
• Good communication and problem solving skills.
• Must be capable of working within a minimum level of supervision and of sustaining a fair degree of pressure.