Ingen Technical Services
This post is being advertised on behalf of North Lanarkshire's Working (ESF Provider) - Can candidates please check eligibility for NL Working before submitting an application. Full information can be found here: http://www.northlanarkshiresworking.co.uk
One of Scotland’s leading Technical Services providers offering a comprehensive range of specialist capabilities to the public and private sectors involving education, healthcare, commercial, residential and industrial. Covering full spectrum of services from design and installation of major projects through to small works and planned maintenance programmes.
Hours of work: Mon – Thurs – 8 hours; Fri – 5.5 hours. Working on site can involve early start times to travel to site to be ready for early start on site. Sites are in varied locations throughout the country.
Salary prospects once time served – circa £24,000- £29,000.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a Building Services company as an Apprentice in various disciplines from Electrical, Plumbing and Commercial Heating. Apprentices are initially taken on as general Building Services Apprentices and at a later stage progress within one particular building discipline.
- You will work on site alongside trades personnel learning skills on the job. Full supervisory support will be provided while working on site.
- In addition to this you will attend college to achieve the appropriate SVQ qualifications to become qualified in a trade.
- You will be in full time employment whilst learning a trade within building services.
- You will have full support provided by the College which will include onsite monitoring of SVQ process.
- Other training will be provided when necessary for site i.e IPAF/ Abrasive Wheel/ Pasma.
- Progression following successful completion of the apprenticeship with the opportunity to develop and grow.
- Qualifications at Nat 4 /Nat 5 or above in Maths, English and Science or equivalent.
- Willingness to travel to site locations independently therefore Driving Licence is desirable due to some site locations being inaccessible to public transport.
- Driven, hardworking, proactive attitude with excellent timekeeping and attendance at work and college at all times.
- Respectful demeanour towards other work colleagues/ peers whilst demonstrating willingness to learn.
- Commitment and dedication towards the Apprenticeship being offered.
- Flexibility towards the company needs i.e. working weekends when required or travelling to alternative sites.
- Ability to adhere to Company Policies and Procedures including Health and Safety.
- A mature approach towards the apprenticeship, taking responsibility for your own administration and learning and able to liaise clearly with Head Office.