A fantastic opportunity has arisen at Dakota Edinburgh – we are currently seeking an enthusiastic apprentice chef to join our kitchen brigade.
Dakota Edinburgh Hotel is in South Queensferry, just 5min from the Queensferry Crossing and 15mins from Edinburgh Airport. We are a 132-bedroom luxury full-service hotel, a destination cocktail Bar and brasserie-style Grill.
The heart and soul of our Hotel is our award-winning bar and restaurant. Delivering a brasserie style of service, The Grill at Dakota is profiled for having a seasonal menu and take pride in using the best ingredients possible.
A great position awaits a hardworking and focussed individual who is looking to learn and develop their skills. Our talented brigade of chefs are eager to share their knowledge and experience with the successful applicant. This is a great opportunity for a school leaver looking to kick start a sparkling career.
You do not need any experience, we will provide you with all the knowledge and training required. We only ask that you arrive for every shift with enthusiasm and motivation to learn.
Your day to day will involve:
• Learning to prepare and create dishes from scratch with fresh seasonal produce
• The art of presenting food perfectly
• The importance of food safety, when storing and cooking food
• Being part of an amazing kitchen team
You will learn all the skills and techniques that you need to have a lifelong career within the hospitality industry. This programme will develop your professional cookery skills from preparing, cooking and finishing many different types products. You will gain an industry recognised qualification for the work that you will carry out on a day to day basis.
• A Passion for creating dishes using seasonal ingredients and fresh produce
• An enthusiastic and vibrant personality
• Willingness to take direction and work as part of a close team
• Motivation – the drive to develop your career within the industry
No formal qualifications are required.