We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Financial Customer Services Consultant in Clydebank This role is for young people aged 16-24
(or up to 29 if specific criteria is met ).
To provide exceptional levels of customer service and achieve performance targets by taking / making inbound and outbound telephone calls on behalf of the organisation’s clients to their customers for the purpose of recovering outstanding debt.
As a Customer Service Consultant, you must be highly motivated,
competitive and focused as well as target driven. You must also
be energetic, assertive, positive, and able to handle difficult
Every Day is different, but here is an overview of the duties you will be trained to carry out
• Deliver service to all your customers internal & external that satisfies in spirit the outcomes required by Treating Customers Fairly principles.
• Deliver a consistent and professional level of service at all times.
• Make/receive calls to/from the organisation’s clients customers.
• Follow the agreed structure for dealing with all calls.
• To meet the organisation’s objectives – wrap-up, log-in, quality and monetary targets.
• Negotiate the best payment plan for both customer and client.
• Advise and influence clients’ customers on the payment options for debt recovery.
• Handle each call promptly and in the correct manner, updating records accordingly.
• Plan and organise your Diary to monitor and follow up on agreed payment plans.
• Good written, verbal, active listening and phone communication skills.
• Good negotiation and influencing skills.
• Ability to maintain composure with difficult or irate consumers. Must remain professional
at all times.
• Dealing with queries and coming to a solution for a speedy recovery of the debt.
• Take responsibility for resolving disputes, ensuring that caller concerns are actioned
correctly and all parties are notified.
• Maintaining accurate records on the database.
• Have the ability to relate to people from a variety of different backgrounds.
• Be persuasive, persistent and self-motivated, displaying empathy, assertiveness, tact and
• Any other duties reasonably requested by team managers and senior management.
You will learn all aspects of the Customer Service role to enable you to respond to Customer Enquiries, and give the correct information out .
Throughout the apprenticeship you will undertake a Modern Apprenticeship qualification in Providing Financial Services, where you will be given full support to complete.
You should have a minimum National 5 in Maths and English, and 1 other subject.
You will have a keen interest in a career within Financial Services, and be willing to work as part of a team, developing your skills on the job