Click 'Apply now' to be re-directed to an external site, where you'll be able to submit your application for this apprenticeship opportunity.Apply Now
Thorntons is one of the leading legal firms in Scotland and was recognised as Scottish Employer of the Year 2016 by Business Insider. We provide a full range of legal services for clients whether in their personal life, or in business. Our legal and support teams work together to deliver exceptional expertise mirrored by a first class client service. Each and everyone in the firm, regardless of their role, has an important part to play in delivering this promise. We invest in training for our people and advancement of our systems to ensure we are constantly at the forefront of service delivery in the legal sector. Our traditional values and innovative approach mean clients can rely on us for the right advice right through their life.
We are looking to recruit an Office Assistant for our Perth office. This vacancy offers an opportunity to work in a fast moving, busy environment, where excellent communication skills and a pleasant, client focused manner is required. As this position is provided in conjunction with the Modern Apprenticeship scheme, candidates should ideally be aged 16-19, although candidates up to 23 years old may be considered in exceptional circumstances.
• Responsibility for the distribution and preparation of all Royal Mail and DX (Legal Post) mail on a daily basis.
• Collection and distribution of all internal mail and faxes around the office.
• Providing a photocopying, faxing and scanning service for the office.
• Monitoring, ordering and distribution of stationery and office supplies.
• File maintenance
• Set up and clear away of rooms before and after meetings.
• Assist with the movement of office furniture as required.
• Assist with typing on a regular basis.
• Provide cover in all aspects of support services during periods of
holiday, sickness etc.
• Provide cover for Reception/Switchboard as required.
• Provide cover for Cashroom services as required.
• Provide a flexible approach to work and assist colleagues as required.
• Other tasks and duties as deemed appropriate by Management.
• Good numeracy skills
• Ability to prioritise
• IT proficiency
• Desire and ability to learn and retain information
• Excellent communicator at all levels
• General interest in, and desire to develop a career in office administration
• A team contributor