Click 'Apply now' to be re-directed to an external site, where you'll be able to submit your application for this apprenticeship opportunity.Apply Now
We have a rare and exciting opportunity for an apprentice to work in our Business Space team, based in our Glasgow office. The successful candidate will work closely with the head of the team, supporting a range of their work in advising and marketing offices across the west of Scotland.
Day to day work would include:
• Arranging and carrying out viewings for offices that Savills are marketing
• Keeping Enquiry and Availability schedule updated
• Update and maintain online advertising
• Promote Savills and their properties through appropriate social media channels
• Actively pursuing leads to try to achieve lettings
• Liaising with colleagues both at Savills and at other firms to find out trends/developments in the market
• Keeping clients updated on active queries for their property
• Collating information for brochures, marketing materials and email circulars
• Providing assistance to other teams in the office as necessary
The apprentice will attend Edinburgh Napier University to obtain a RICS accredited degree in Construction and The Built Environment and the long term potential is to become a surveyor themselves. The individual would become client facing over time and therefore strong communication and interpersonal skills are very important. An outgoing, sociable and presentable individual is required who understands the importance of client care.
Graduate Apprenticeships are a new way of getting a degree level qualification which allow you to work while you study - “earn while you learn”. You are released from the workplace for three fortnightly blocks over the academic year to study at university, and your activities in the workplace count towards your degree.
We have partnered with Edinburgh Napier University for our Graduate Apprenticeship role. This is a 5/6 year training programme which entails a part time undergraduate degree apprenticeship (4 years) and APC (2 years) leading to MRICS qualification. Full on the job training is provided. Savills has recently been named The Times Graduate Employer of Choice for Property for the twelfth consecutive year which demonstrates our commitment to developing and retaining graduate talent across our business.
• We welcome applications from applicants of 18 years upwards but all applicants will be considered on merit.
• You should have a minimum of 4 Scottish Highers (or equivalent) – including maths and English at C grade.
Good communication and organisational skills are vital to succeed as an apprentice. You will need the ability to manage a varied workload working as part of a team while also having plenty of your own initiative and be passionate about delivering the best service possible for your clients.
• Strong Microsoft Word. PowerPoint and Excel skills
• Good written reporting, presentation and numerical skills are essential
• Excellent verbal communication skills are required
• Good attention to detail
• Able to work individually or as part of a team
• Punctual, reliable, keen and enthusiastic
• Thirst for knowledge and self-motivated
• Full driving licence