Click 'Apply now' to be re-directed to an external site, where you'll be able to submit your application for this apprenticeship opportunity.Apply Now
The recruitment of Modern Apprentices is a fair, open and merit based process (16+) and with permanence from the start of the apprenticeship. Applicants must be unemployed or contracted to work 16 hours or less a week. Please state you meet these requirements on your application. Candidates with a disability who meet the essential criteria below will be invited to the interview.
The ScotXed Unit is part of Education Analytical Services Division within the Education, Communities and Justice Directorate of the Scottish Government.
The Unit supports and develops secure, efficient and effective electronic data exchanges between partners in the Scottish Government and wider service communities. We provide data to our analytical colleagues within the Scottish Government for national and international statistical publications. Analytical products contribute to the evidence base for policy development and making. We adhere to the principles of the National Code of Statistics and the Data Protection Act (2018) when collecting data for research and statistical purposes.
As a Project Administrator in the ScotXed team the majority of your role will require you to support data collections to enable the effective and safe transfer of information between Local Authorities and the Scottish Government.
You will work closely with your colleagues to ensure all functions within the team are completed.
• Timely and accurate administration of data collections with appropriate guidance and using project management principles.
• Assist local authority contacts to ensure that the statistical and management information gathered by the team is of high quality and is collected in an efficient manner.
• Monitor anomalies reported by data collections and support colleagues in their resolution. Resolution will normally involve liaison with and referral back to local authority contacts for further information.
• Answer day to day queries on a range of issues acting as a professional, sensitive and helpful point of contact for stakeholders.
• Updating tasks in project plans to help track progress.
Qualification – Throughout the first 12 months of your post, you will undertake and achieve an SVQ Level 2 in Business Administration (equivalent to a National 5). Support will be provided by a qualified assessor who will work with and support you on a monthly basis. Time will be given to work on your qualification, this includes delivering 2 presentations.
Training will be provided on the use of relevant systems and procedures.
Please read each of the essential criteria and think about a time or an example that can help demonstrate your knowledge/skills - this should be clearly written/stated on your CV.
1. Experience of working in an operational delivery or customer service environment.
2. Experience of building positive relationships with colleagues and customers.
3. Ability to work to agreed time scales and standards of quality and to take personal responsibility for own actions.
4. Effective IT skills and an awareness of the importance of effective information security.