You need to apply for this vacancy directly on their site.Apply on company site
The recruitment of Modern Apprentices is a fair, open and merit based process (16+) and with permanence from the start of the apprenticeship. Applicants must be unemployed or contracted to work 16 hours or less a week. Please state you meet these requirements on your application. Candidates with a disability who meet the essential criteria will be invited to the interview.
We are currently seeking applications for a Modern Apprentice within the Directorate for Social Security based Glasgow. This is a permanent and pensionable appointment and new entrants will normally start on the minimum of the pay range. Candidates with a disability who meet the essential criteria below will be invited to the assessments.
• To provide administrative support to the Agency Corporate service team.
• Regularly conduct reviews of the stakeholder lists, ensuring that the information remains accurate and up to date.
• Provide support during stakeholder meetings, this will include administrative support as well as information gathering.
• Manage the travel arrangements for the Corporate services team. This includes booking travel and accommodation. This also includes ensuring urgent matters are actioned and that relevant papers are ready for use ahead of meetings.
• Arrange car hire and hospitality for colleagues and act as a requisitioner for any such orders through the Scottish Government’s electronic ordering and payment system.
• The upkeep and extraction of reports from online organisational databases
Throughout the first 12 months the candidate will be expected to gain a relevant SVQ qualification. Support will be provided by a qualified assessor who will work with the successful candidate on a monthly basis. Time will be given to work on your qualification, this includes delivering 2 presentations.
Please read each of the essential criteria and think about a time or an example that can help demonstrate your knowledge/skills - this should be clearly written/stated on your CV.
1. Ability to work well within a team.
2. Ability to organise and manage a varied workload
3. Ability to commit to achieving a goal or finishing a project
4. Ability to communicate effectively