Martin Plant Hire
• Perform any administration task requested by the Director, Area/Depot Manager, Hire Desk or
• Answer telephone and relay messages accurately to the Hire Desk.
• Have a copy of and know the Company Safety Policy.
• Be familiar with and know where to find the MPH Quality Manual.
• Be willing and able to assist other Depots/Head Office if required in administration duties.
• Will be fully conversant with the company’s computer system.
• All abilities will be recorded on the annual performance review.
• Banking – banking cash and cheques for cash customers. Clearing down the banking weekly on system. Inform Credit Control Dept of payments received and banked at depot for account customers.
• Petty Cash - Be responsible under the Depot Manager for petty cash. Balance weekly.
• Purchasing - Match up, check and pass purchase invoices, ensuring all are passed by the end of the month with Depot Manager’s signature on.
Inform Area/Depot Manager of any purchase invoice price anomalies
• Cash Hires - Run off report from MPH live intranet reporting system and chase customers for outstanding cash. Liaise with Hire Controller/Depot Manager and/or Credit Control.
• Deal with cash queries liaising with customer/Credit Control where required.
• Account Hires – Responsible for checking and assisting in solving account customer queries using information taken from the MPH live intranet reporting system.
• Preparation and submission of monthly reports for each depot;
• Cheque Lists
• Petty Cash Reports
• Order the company workwear and pass workwear invoices.
• Update the KPI spreadsheet
• Attend Managers Meetings and produce and distribute minutes.
• Order printed stationery and pass printed stationery invoices.
You will be rewarded with your SCQF level 6 in business and administration.
You will also learn more personal qualities such as;
• Good communication skills, both oral and written
• Good organisational skills
• Good interpersonal and customer service skills
• An ability to work using own initiative within boundaries
• An ability to work effectively with people across a wide range of levels and responsibilities
• Good team-working skills
You will need qualifications of National 4's and National 5's.
You will also need to have a good knowledge on Microsoft packages on the computer. Along with a good standard of knowledge in administration you will also need to have a keen interest in working in a business and administration environment.