Metaltech uk Ltd
We are looking for an ambitious and passionate individual who wants a career in the Construction Sector and Architectural Metalwork industry.
The apprentice will play a pivotal role to the Draughting team and provide support to our teams in the Draughting Office and your Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
1. Maintenance of drawing office records to a high standard.
2. Production of Fabrication & General Arrangement drawings.
3. Construction of Bills of Material.
4. Construction of Fabrication packs.
5. Site visitations with senior members of staff.
As a Design Technician, you will be focusing on structural & architectural design. Your role will then be to assist the experienced design team members in providing engineering designs for fabrication including; 3D modelling and 2D drawings that are required throughout the design lifecycle. This will include; conceptual and detailed design drawings, modelling & technical solutions in the delivery of tasks and projects.
Desired qualification requirements:
• Minimum 4 National Grades (B and above) or equivalent, including Maths and English and Higher in Graphic Communications
Desired qualities, skills and knowledge:
• Graphic and digital design skills
• Strong eye for aesthetics
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Driven and proactive attitude with strong work ethic
• Excellent attention to detail
• Team player with confidence to contribute opinions and ideas
• Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to think of your feet and use initiative
• Self-motivated with a hunger to succeed, learn and develop yourself