The employer is a care provider with four sites in central Edinburgh.
This is a fantastic, rare opportunity to work with a large care provider who have multiple care homes in central Edinburgh. You will be primarily based in the office of one of the care homes, however may need to occasionally attend other care homes which are in the nearby area. The company has a young, friendly leadership team and are keen for someone to assist with the administration involved in running the homes, with the potential for a career path for the right candidate on completion of the Modern Apprenticeship.
What might a day in this job look like?
Duties that will be carried out will include but not be limited to:
- Filing, photocopying and scanning documents
- Customer service including answering the front door to visitors and resident’s family members, answering the phones in a professional manner and responding to email enquiries
- Taking meeting minutes and typing up for records
- Handling the mail
- Processing financial information with expenses, invoices and time sheets
- Creating and updating templates
- Creating and updating residents files
- Purchasing stationary items and making sure the office is fully stocked at all times
- Making sure all processing documents are completed
- Discharging patients
- Updating computerised databases and spreadsheets
- Creating data reports
- Administering HR records
• SVQ Level 3/SCQF Level 6 in Business and Administration
• Industry related training
• Soft Skills (e.g. communication, teamwork, problem solving, etc)
• We are looking for a good set of National 5s including Maths and English. Highers would be an advantage but all qualifications will be considered.
• We are looking for someone who has excellent customer service skills, professional and confident telephone manner, IT abilities, a strong work ethic and the willingness to develop and learn.
• Applicants must be aged 16-19 due to funding restrictions. Applicants who are care experienced or disabled are eligible to apply up to the age of 29.