The role you will be applying for is a Modern Apprenticeship in Business Administration position within a General Medical Practice.
Full training will be provided and you will be learning as you work alongside existing colleagues.
You will be part of a friendly, dynamic, operations team and be required to cover a multitude of duties including reception, secretarial and administration.
Duties will include but not be restricted to:
- Reception cover – checking patients into their appointments and answering queries
- Booking appointments both face to face and over the phone
- Updating the database
- Creating and updating spreadsheets
- Calling patients with results
Hours of Work
Your basic hours of work are 30 hrs per week. These hours can be between the times of 7.30am – 6.30pm Monday to Friday.
Your normal working hours will be Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 10am – 6pm.
You will gain a Modern Apprenticeship and SVQ Level 3/SCQF Level 6 in Business Administration along with industry related training.
- Excellent communication skills including a professional and clear telephone manner
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Applicants must be self-motivated and willing learn and develop
- Understanding of working with confidential and sensitive data
- A good level of numeracy and literacy is required as you will be communicating with patients and doctors and be required to relay information that must be legible and accurate.
• Candidates must be aged 16-19 due to funding restrictions. Applicants who are care experienced or disabled are eligible to apply up to the age of 29.