FLB Group and Print Scotland, the trade association and voice of Scotland’s graphic communication industry, are working together to provide modern apprenticeship opportunities.
As a Modern Apprentice with FLB Group, you will will undertake an SCQF Level 6 in Post Press. You will earn while your learn as an Apprentice Bookbinder in one of the leading global stationery manufacturers. FLB Group is renowned for our Filofax and Letts brands, and we produce notebooks and diaries for many other high profile clients. You will get the opportunity to learn the process of bookbinding and production from highly skilled colleagues.
If you meet the requirements you will be invited to attend an open day at our plant to see our exciting opportunities in action. Our successful candidates will be registered by Print Scotland with the Scottish Qualifications Authority and Skills Development Scotland. We will appoint a company mentor to guide you through your apprenticeship. Print Scotland will supply workbooks to you and regular competency based assessments will be carried out be carried out by a Print Scotland appointed training associate.
The apprenticeship consists of seven modules. Four mandatory modules cover:
• Ensure your Own Actions Reduce Risks to Health and Safety in the Workplace
• Maintain Printing Equipment in Working Order
• Improve the Effectiveness of the Print Organisation through Good Communication with Others
• Plan Work to Meet Production Requirements
A further three optional units will focus on the machinery that you are trained to operate.
• No specific work experience is required for our apprenticeship programme. However you’ll need a minimum of three National 4 or National 5 level qualifications. These should include Maths, English, and a Science OR Engineering/Technical subject.
• We are looking for flexible, enthusiastic, driven candidates who have a strong interest in how things work and are made. You should enjoy working with your hands. You’ll be a self-starter with good team work and problem solving skills and the ability to follow instructions.
• Our values are incredibly important to us. We believe the community atmosphere at FLB is due to the motivated people who work with us and share our values which is build on respect and trust in one another. We take pride in our products, our work and employ people who care about quality and want to feel proud to be part of our company.
• As safety is vitally important in our environment, we’re keen to find people who are safety conscious.
• We operate a very transparent recruitment process and want individuals to select us as being the employer they most want to work for. Our methods work and individuals who share our values understand us and fit well with our business. You should consider how you can demonstrate these values in your life.