We are looking for an Estimating Apprentice to join our market leading printing business.
The role will involve undertaking a SVQ Level 3 in Print Administration. This apprenticeship will be delivered in conjunction with Print Scotland, the industry body for the printing and graphic communications industry in Scotland.
This apprenticeship aims to give you the skills to assist and support manufacturing and the sales team through the through producing pricing estimates in line with our guidelines. You will ensure that product specifications are completed and approved prior to commencement of manufacture and support the communication between customer and our sales team throughout the production process.
You will undertake an SCQF Level 6 apprenticeship in Print Administration in conjunction with Print Scotland. The apprenticeship covers five mandatory modules consisting of:
• Ensure your own actions reduce risks to health and safety in the workplace
• Improve individual and organisational performance
• Send and receive digital files
• Spreadsheet software
• Print production processes
You will also undertake three optional units specific to the skills required to be a successful Estimator.
• No specific work experience is required for our apprenticeship programme. However you’ll need a minimum of three National 4 or National 5 level qualifications. These should include Maths, English, and a Science OR Engineering/Technical subject.
• We are looking for flexible, enthusiastic, driven candidates who have a strong interest in how things work and are made. You’ll be a self-starter with good team work and problem solving skills and the ability to follow instructions.
• Our values are incredibly important to us. We believe the community atmosphere at FLB is due to the motivated people who work with us and share our values which is build on respect and trust in one another. We take pride in our products, our work and employ people who care about quality and want to feel proud to be part of our company.
• As safety is vitally important in our environment, we’re keen to find people who are safety conscious.
• We operate a very transparent recruitment process and want individuals to select us as being the employer they most want to work for. Our methods work and individuals who share our values understand us and fit well with our business. You should consider how you can demonstrate these values in your life.