You need to apply for this vacancy directly on their site.Apply on company site
The recruitment of Modern Apprentices is a fair, open and merit based process (16+) and with permanence from the start of the apprenticeship. Applicants must be unemployed or contracted to work 16 hours or less a week. Please state you meet these requirements on your application. Candidates with a disability who meet the essential criteria will be invited to interview.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Social Security Policy Divisions which sits within the Directorate for Social Security. The Scotland Act 2016 gave us new powers relating to social security, including responsibility over certain benefits. As the name suggests, Social Security Policy Division is responsible for developing the policy for the Scottish Governments approach to these benefits.
We are looking for someone to act in an Administrative Support role for the divisions. You will be part of a team responsible for providing support to the divisions, as well as providing Personal Assistant Support to heads of the divisions. The post holder would arrange meetings, manage diaries and inbox's and provide other ad-hoc tasks such as booking travel.
• Manage and prioritise diaries. You will have to understand the Divisions' priorities in order to deal effectively with diary requests and changes, book meeting rooms and organise any
Associated logistics. You will work closely with your Line Manager on this.
• Support project work of the Division; working with colleagues across the Divisions to deliver corporate priorities and functions.
• Ad-hoc administrative tasks which may include raising purchase orders, booking travel and accommodation, arranging hospitality, ordering stationery and managing the divisional
travel process (for rail, taxi and bus).
• Support line manager in BCLO (Budget Control liaison Officer) role, assisting them in creating an efficient budget monitoring process, as well as other business management process'.
Throughout the first 12 months the candidate will be expected to gain a relevant SVQ qualification. Support will be provided by a qualified assessor who will work with the successful candidate on a monthly basis. Time will be given to work on your qualification, this includes delivering 2 presentations.
Please read each of the essential criteria and think about a time or an example that can help demonstrate your knowledge/skills - this should be clearly written/stated on your application.
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confidence in engaging with a range of people at all levels.
2. Ability to work as part of a team, maintaining good working relationships and contributing to the teams overall performance.
3. Confident in using IT systems to manage, source and present information clearly and concisely.
4. Attention to detail and a concern for accuracy