Perth and Kinross Council
You need to apply for this vacancy directly on their site.Apply on company site
Are you looking for an apprenticeship with a Local Authority? You will undertake a Level 2 Modern Apprenticeship qualification in Stores and Warehousing.
Perth & Kinross Council is seeking an enthusiastic person to join the team in Perth as a Modern Apprentice Stores Administrator.
You will assist the Purchasing Officer with a variety of tasks including, assisting with deliveries, issue of stock supplies and day to day operations within a busy store.
A keen interest in IT will be helpful as you will be expected to carry out a range of duties using Key2, which is the Stores system used for monitoring all stock activities.
You will be part of a small, busy, hardworking, supportive team offering a good working environment.
• Assisting in the responsibility for the administration of supplies and stocks for Perth & Kinross Councils Central Stores
• Assisting with deliveries and issue of stock supplies and day to day operations within a busy store
• Assisting the Purchasing Officer monitor with stock issues and arranging regular stock checks
• Assist Purchasing Officer ensuring that materials are correctly and on time processed from stock issues from stores to craftsman and provide reports on van stock used
• Monitor stock control and carry out regular stock checks
• Provide Administrative support to the Stores
• Assist in processing orders from requisitions raised by the Storeperson & Purchasing Officer
• Assist with Collating delivery notes with orders and check goods received
• Assist Collating and checking invoices for goods received
• Train to be able to input stores issues and returns in Key2
• Ensure that purchases and invoices are processed in accordance with Council procedures
• Assist with the annual stocktake of stores
• Collate delivery notes with purchase orders ensuring correct materials are delivered on time
• Assist with Inputting delivery notes on Key2 ensuring correct materials are received and updated
• Assist with the Collating of delivery notes and invoices ensuring there is no overcharge on materials delivered
• Assist Purchasing Officer with Risk Assessments & COSHH assessments
• You must be educated to National 4 level (including English and Maths) or equivalent
• You will have demonstrated an enthusiasm to work in the stores industry
• You must have a positive attitude and a commitment to high quality customer service
• You have a personal responsibility for taking care of yourself and others and must comply with all relevant Health and Safety legislation
• You must have an understanding of health and safety issues
• You must undertake any H&S training relevant to the post
• You must have the ability to treat colleagues and customers with dignity and respect as per the employee character
• You must have the ability to communicate both orally and in writing, clearly and concisely with technical and non-technical personnel
• You must have good communication skills with both customers and colleagues
• You must be flexible and have the ability to adapt to changes in policy, procedure and culture
• You must be able to work to tight deadlines and targets
• You must be a good team player
• You must be able to demonstrate an ability to work on your own initiative
• Must be able to cope with the physical and emotional demands of the post and attend on a regular basis
• Driving licence desirable, but not essential.