Museums Galleries Scotland
You need to apply for this vacancy directly on their site.Apply on company site
This is an opportunity to be part of and contribute to the work of a busy Marketing and Communications team.
You will bring enthusiasm and a demonstrable interest in digital communications channels. Strong communication skills are essential as well as good administrative and organisational skills and attention to detail. The ability to multi task and demonstrate enthusiasm and initiative constitutes a natural part of the job.
The Digital Marketing Modern Apprentice will learn about the museums sector market and how to engage with Museums Galleries Scotland (MGS)'s stakeholders particularly through digital channels. You will learn how to develop and deliver a marketing strategy and build and maintain a distinct and brand-led online presence.
We will give you the opportunity to get first-hand experience of generating and maintaining marketing campaigns across all forms of digital media whilst making a potentially huge difference to our organisation and museums sector.
• Preferred - Nat 4 in English or equivalent or equivalent experience
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• A passion for communications / marketing
• Ability to demonstrate digital skills that would be relevant to a modern workplace environment
• Interest in museums and the wider heritage and cultural sector
• Strong communication skills including excellent written communication
• Attention to detail
• Desire to learn
• Self-motivated, conscientious, positive attitude and self confidence
• Organisational/administrative skills
• Experience of using Microsoft Office (or open source equivalents) and a variety of systems
• Workplace or volunteering experience
• Using databases and mailing lists
• Knowledge of marketing within the Arts/Cultural/Heritage sector