Job Title: Property Management Apprentice
Type: Modern Apprenticeship
Salary: £11,000 to £13,000 dependant on applicant
Hours: Monday – Friday 9-5.30am and Saturdays as required
Start Date: As soon as possible however will wait for the best and right candidate
Chapmans is a small but mighty property lettings and management business based in Roseburn in Edinburgh. We manage flats and houses in and around the city with some houses out with the bypass. We look after a wide range of landlords – from investors, first time landlords, executries and clients moving to us from other agencies. Our landlords live locally and abroad.
Working in a small team based at our office Roseburn (EH12 6AW), but with 25% of the day spent out and about at properties.
What might a day in this job look like?
Duties that will be carried out will be essential to the smooth running of the team and business. These include but are not limited to the following:
1. Dealing with phone based enquiries from potential tenants looking to rent a property as well as landlord and existing tenant enquiries
2. Showing prospective tenants around properties and asking for feedback
3. Monitoring the email inbox
4. Key management (logging keys in and out to contractors)
5. Filing, scanning and archiving
6. Booking in property visits for the property managers with a view to doing them yourself in the future
7. Window displays
8. Preparing new properties for let
9. Instructing and chasing up Safety Certificates
10. Keeping maintenance log up to date and keep all parties informed
11. Switching over utility accounts and council tax accounts when tenants move in and out
12. Assisting the whole team in the smooth running of the business and the delivery of exceptional customer service
Soft Skills: First class communication skills (both verbal and written), valuable customer service skills, confidence and competence in showing people around properties, learn how to assess applicants,
SVQ Level 3 in Business Administration and/or Customer Service
Industry related training / qualification – ie Microsoft office, Opportunities to become an accredited Property Manger over time with a view to really progressing in your career with the business supporting you through further industry qualifications.
Minimum age of 18 with a full clean drivers license
National 4s English and Maths
Strong verbal communication skills
We are looking for someone who is well presented, personal, reliable, energetic, keen to learn and get involved, confident and enthusiastic with a desire to deliver outstanding customer service.
We would expect you to start working towards your property management qualifications during your apprenticeship as well for really rapid progression.