A leading Solicitors is looking for a recent school leaver to join its busy Edinburgh office in Leith. You will be responsible for providing an effective claims administration service to support the Road Traffic Accident (RTA) Claim Handlers. This would be a great opportunity for someone who is keen to learn and progress.
What might a day in this job look like?
• Manage claims related administration tasks
• Answer client calls, provide assistance where possible and distribute calls or take messages as appropriate
• Enter client information onto the database
• Organise and maintain client files
• Distribute client and third-party correspondence on behalf of Road Traffic Accident Claim Handlers
• Build and maintain relationships with colleagues, clients, referral sources and third parties
• Engage with third parties on the status of repairs and payment of claims
• Updating spreadsheets in relation to Road Traffic Accident Department
• Update and work on Claims Handlers Diary system
• Required to maintain confidentiality in accordance with the requirements of the firm and GDPR
• Any other duties as requested by your line manager or other more senior colleague within the firm
You will undertake a Business Administration SVQ/Modern Apprenticeship at SCQF Level 6, delivered by Rewards Training.
Ideally, we are looking for National 5s, including Maths and English.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to build relationships with colleagues and third parties
• Well organised with a high attention to detail
• Good time management skills with the ability to plan and prioritise workload
• Problem solving skills to resolve client queries where appropriate
• Confidence to show initiative but also seek guidance when required
• Competent in the use of all Microsoft packages
Applicants must be aged 16-19 due to funding restrictions. Applicants who are care experienced or disabled are eligible to apply up to the age of 29.