The modern apprentice will assist the accountant, senior finance officers, credit control officer and administration officer provide services to members and other credit union staff.
The Modern Apprentice will be accountable to the Director of Finance & Compliance and will be supervised by the other members of the Team depending on the tasks.
• Assist with and carry out processing income received from members, updating members accounts and answering queries about member accounts
• Process invoices and update purchase ledger information including filing
• Assist with and process and reconcile pre-paid cards, credit cards, petty cash and members cash
• Assist with and process payments to members through BACS and Faster Payments
• Assist credit control including sending notification to members who have missed payments.
• Follow up missed payments for credit control by telephone, email, and letter
• Assist with retrieving data to provide management information
• Assist with statement runs to members
• Filing using manual and electronic means.
You will be rewarded with your SCQF level 6 in business and administration.
You will also learn more personal qualities such as;
• Good communication skills, both oral and written
• Good organizational skills
• Good interpersonal and customer service skills
• An ability to work using own initiative within boundaries
• An ability to work effectively with people across a wide range of levels and responsibilities
• Good team-working skills
• Must be enjoy working with numbers
• Must be able to communicate effectively- both written and verbal
• Must be competent in Office 365
• High level of attention to detail