You need to apply for this vacancy directly on their site.Apply on company site
At Taylor Maxwell, we’ve been providing facade and timber products to the construction industry for over 60 years. Today we operate from 14 regional locations across the UK supplying a range of brick, cladding, timber, masonry and offsite solutions.
Operating through an established UK-wide network, we provide innovative products, expert advice and service to timber merchants, clients, architects, developers and contractors. Over the years we’ve acquired a wealth of local market knowledge, enabling us to build strong professional relationships and help our clients realise their ambitions.
Our long-standing reputation has been built upon listening to our customers and gaining an in-depth understanding of what they are trying to achieve. Only then are we able to provide a selection of products that are suitable to meet the design concept.
With a national team of product specialists, we are able to guide you in your product selection. If your product is of a technical nature, we can provide design input, alternatively we can provide price information, availability and lead times.
Our joined-up and flexible approaches to complex construction projects, enable us to provide expert solutions from conception through to completion.
Supplying only the best
• Answering incoming calls to the office and forwarding calls to the relevant person
• General office duties such as visitor reception, administration and filing
• Providing cover when staff shortages occur due to holidays/sickness
• Checking Manufacturers acknowledgements
• Giving delivery notification to Customers
• Create and update orders and delivery requests in accordance with the Company’s procedures
• Develop and maintain good and effective working relationships between customers, suppliers and sales staff
• Support the sales teams in their objectives
• Ensure prompt action and progress of call offs and queries received from customers, suppliers and sales staff
• Monitor customer credit status in conjunction with Head Office and ensure that Company Credit Control Procedures are always adhered to
• Notify availability concerns to sites and sales staff
• Prepare and issue quotes to customers as requested
• Any other duty deemed by the Directors to be in the interest of the team in achieving its objectives
• Well-developed telephone call handling skills
• Must be able to communicate effectively and be polite but assertive when required in difficult situations
• Must show evidence of being organised and responding promptly
• Ability to listen properly and to be patient when required
• Able to work accurately and quickly
• Ability to work under pressure and make correct decisions
• Good skills in Word and general Windows environment
• Evidence of building relationships with customers or suppliers
• Must reside within commutable distance of the office
• Relevant experience of customer support and admin
• Knowledge of the construction industry