Scottish Fire and Rescue Service
You need to apply for this vacancy directly on their site.Apply on company site
The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service would like to invite applications for the post of HROD Admin Support Assistant Modern Apprentice based at Perth Community Fire Station. This is a full-time post however applications from individuals seeking to work on a flexible working basis would be considered.
The following vacancy within the HROD Department is currently under review as part of a re-structuring exercise. Applicants should therefore be aware that they may be required to undertake tasks from either of the job descriptions contained within the Recruitment Information Pack. This should be taken into consideration when applying for the post.
Working within a busy team, responsible for a high quality customer driven service, you will be responsible for all administrative tasks and associated support in the delivery of a range of HROD transactional services ensuring a best value approach at all times. This will include data processing for both payroll and HR elements of the HR/Payroll System.
• To provide effective administrative support in the delivery of a range of HROD transactional services ensuring a best value approach at all times. E.g. Discipline & Grievance/ Maternity & Paternity Arrangements/ Contract Variations/ Career Breaks/ Flexible Working/ Resignations and Retirements
• To assist with ensuring that HROD transactional services are continuously monitored and reviewed to ensure that they reflect changes in SFRS Policy and Procedures and provide an excellent level of customer service within SFRS, ensuring consistency in approach at all times
• To process payroll amendments within the Service’s HR Payroll System and update recording systems for all contractual variations, work exceptions, duty patterns and reimbursements of allowances
• To process all purchase orders, goods receipt and invoices relating to HROD using the SFRS’ Financial Systems
• To maintain & administer the Services’ Intranet for HROD
• To provide secretarial support for the HR Management Team e.g. word processing, diary management etc.
• To maintain stock of stationery/consumables and re-order when required
• To provide telephone cover, dealing with general enquiries relating to HROD
• To maintain all filing systems and personal records within the section and relating to SFRS personnel
• To maintain, collate, update and produce data from a variety of data sources and recording systems as required
• To arrange meetings, take notes and minutes, prepare and distribute notes and minutes
• To provide a full administrative support with regards, room bookings, photocopying, telephone calls, processing mail, filing systems, uploading of documents, travel arrangements, etc.
Previous administration experience within a busy office environment; evidence of strong customer service skills is essential along with a working knowledge of Microsoft Packages, in particular Word and Excel. Experience of working in an HR environment is desirable as is knowledge and experience of data input into SFRS systems, although training will be provided.
Applicants must be able to work on their own initiative, prioritise their own workload and be able to meet tight deadlines in a fast changing environment whilst maintaining a strong attention to detail. The successful candidate will need to be self-motivated and have excellent organisational, communication and problem-solving skills coupled with a flexible approach. A successful track record of the ability to take accurate notes at management meetings would be advantageous.