You need to apply for this vacancy directly on their site.Apply on company site
The recruitment of Modern Apprentices is a fair, open and merit based process (16+) and with permanence from the start of the apprenticeship. Applicants must be unemployed or contracted to work 16 hours or less a week. Please state you meet these requirements on your application. Candidates with a disability who meet the essential criteria will be invited to the interview.
This is a very exciting opportunity and would be ideal for someone who has an interest in working with numbers. The Finance and Administration Assistant will provide support to the Science Management Finance Officer and help with the day to day running of finance administration.
This post is based within the Research, Business and Sponsorship Team of the Rural and Environment Science and Analytical Services Division. The Division is responsible for providing analytical and scientific support to help improve rural and environmental policy.
• Provide administrative support to the Science Management Finance Officer.
• Checking the department’s mailbox for grant payment claims.
• Processing grant payments on EASEbuy and SEAS for approval by the Science Management Finance Officer.
• Responsible for reconciling SEAS reports to our local spreadsheets on a monthly basis.
• Update payments spreadsheets and ensure details are accurate.
• Maintain correct and up-to-date client information.
• Provide accurate answers and information to client questions.
• Provide administration support to RESAS staff, including ordering stationary and arranging meetings on an ad hoc basis.
Throughout the first 12 months the candidate will be expected to gain a relevant SVQ qualification. Support will be provided by a qualified assessor who will work with the successful candidate on a monthly basis. Time will be given to work on your qualification, this includes delivering 2 presentations.
Whatever your age, experience or background you’ll enjoy a comprehensive induction and training programme that will ensure you are confident and capable of fulfilling the duties required in your new job.
Please read each of the essential criteria and think about a time or an example that can help demonstrate your knowledge/skills.
1. Good administration and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workloads to achieve targets.
2. Effective working knowledge of IT systems including Microsoft Excel and Outlook with attention to detail.
3. Strong communication skills and confidence in dealing with a range of people at all levels.
4. Ability to work well in a team.