An independent travel company in the Murrayfield area of Edinburgh is looking for a recent school leaver to join its friendly team as an accounts administrator.
The company specialises in business travel, holidays, Scottish tourism and The Scottish Golf Open and other business, so first impressions and a first class service are important.
You will be working within the accounts team and learning to understand the back office system.
Duties that will be carried out will include but not be limited to:
• General administrative duties
• Filing, photocopying and scanning documents
• Handling the mail
• Answering the telephone and assisting clients with invoice queries
• Assisting the reservations team by liaising with hotels and suppliers
• Processing financial information such as client invoices
• Facilitating payments and ensuring overdue payments are followed up
• SVQ Level 3/SCQF Level 6 in Business and Administration Modern Apprenticeship
• Industry related training
• Soft Skills (e.g. communication, teamwork, problem solving, etc)
• Ideally we are looking for a good set of National 5s and above, including Maths and English.
• We are looking for someone who is hardworking, reliable and enthusiastic to learn.
• We are looking with someone who has excellent communication skills and IT skills.
• Customer focused work experience would be beneficial but is not essential.
Applicants must be aged 16-19 due to funding restrictions. Applicants who are care experienced or disabled are eligible to apply up to the age of 29.