North Lanarkshire Council
You need to apply for this vacancy directly on their site.Apply on company site
Municipal Building, Kildonan Street, Coatbridge
The right training. The right experience. The right qualifications.
Wouldn’t it be great if you could get all this from one, effective, rewarding opportunity? Well you can. Our Customer Service Level 3 Modern Apprenticeship programme will give you the practical work experience and qualifications you need to help secure a career in Customer Service. As a Modern Apprentice Customer Service Assistant working within North Lanarkshire Municipal Building, you will provide a high standard of support and assistance to those making enquiries.
1. Work as part of a team within the Northline Contact Centre, providing a range of Council services to customers in person and by telephone, providing information and assistance as required.
2. Deal with customer enquiries at first point of contact by processing requests and providing information and assistance as required.
3. Provide information on contact points for secondary stage enquiries and initiate steps to deal with enquiries where they require action.
4. Liaise with Service Officers on progress of enquiries.
5. Utilise IT systems, e.g. internet and intranet as required, to provide information for front line enquiries.
6. Assist internal staff with pool car bookings.
7. Comply with the Services’ Health & Safety at Work procedures, and any relevant legislation, and to ensure that safe systems of work are used at all times.
8. Working towards achieving SVQ Customer Service level 3 through a planned training programme.
Essential to apply for this post is at least four Standard Grades/National 5’s, including English. Administration or Computing qualifications would be desirable. Previous customer service experience would be beneficial however is not mandatory to apply. You must be able to give practical examples of when and how you have demonstrated team work and have a positive, flexible and enthusiastic approach to working on a full-time basis.
You must be able to give practical examples of when and how you have demonstrated team work and have a positive, flexible and enthusiastic approach to working on a full-time basis.
In placement you will work towards a Scottish Vocational Qualification Level 3, Modern Apprenticeship in Customer Service and get paid whilst gaining work experience and training.