You need to apply for this vacancy directly on their site.Apply on company site
Leonardo’s four year Design Engineering Graduate Apprenticeship scheme in Edinburgh is looking for people who understand the importance of communication, who are able to work well as part of a team and also on their own initiative. You will have the drive and commitment to work through difficult problems to find the right engineering solutions.
You will study at the University of Strathclyde for completion of a BEng (Hons) in Engineering: Design & Manufacture through a mixture of work based learning, distance learning and day release at University. On completion you should have met the requirements for Incorporated Engineer as part of the way to gaining Chartered Engineer status.
We need people who understand the importance of our customers and are ready to commit to working in the business, whilst also committing to a 4 year degree programme. At the end of the programme, you will work as a highly qualified member of our Engineering community in a discipline such as electronics, mechanical, test, support and systems engineering.
Note: This Apprenticeship assumes the candidate has little professional engineering experience and is NOT suitable for candidates who already have an engineering degree.
During the first two years of your employment, you will be required to spend up to one day a month at University. You will:
• Learn how to design, manufacture and support advanced avionic equipment
• Develop Engineering knowledge, skills and behaviours
• Practice the full engineering lifecycle
• 4 Higher Grades (or equivalent): BBBB
• Mandatory: Mathematics
• Mandatory: Physics or a Technology subject
• Preferred: English and another STEM subject
• Standard Grades (1-3) / National 5: (A-C) in English (or equivalent qualifications to Highers / Standard Grades).