Shepherd and Wedderburn
GP Strategies are currently supporting our Shepherd and Wedderburn LLP with the recruitment of a Cashroom Administrator who will undertake our Business Administration Modern Apprenticeship Programme. The successful candidate will be working with the cashroom team, and will be responsible for managing and maintaining the books and records of all Shepherd & Wedderburn LLP group companies to include all general ledger and client ledger transactions.
Our Client delivers multi-jurisdictional Legal Advice across every business sector, private clients and wealth management. This is a full-time role based in Edinburgh City Centre, located close to Haymarket Station.
Modern Apprenticeship Programme:
The successful candidate will undertake a Modern Apprenticeship in Business Administration. You will work towards the achievement of a nationally recognised Business Administration Diploma (SCQF 6). You will be supported throughout your apprentice journey by a dedicated GP Strategies Assessor.
The Role – what will you be doing?
This is a fantastic opportunity to kick-Start a career in an Administration role, you will provide an effective and efficient administrative support service and report to Finance team. Examples of these are below:
• Responsible for all cashroom team filing & archiving. (Cashiers, Accounts Payable and Controls & Reconciliations)
• Review all vendor invoices awaiting authorisation and produce reminders to be circulated to front office staff
• Providing back-up support for cashier posting duties during periods of absence and in line with rotational lunch breaks.
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the following skills and qualities:
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong time keeping skills
• The ability to follow instructions and meet deadlines
• Relevant IT skills, and ideally a knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
• An enthusiasm and willingness to learn