Are you friendly and engaging with excellent attention to detail? As a Modern Apprentice Business Developer you will learn how to build relationships with new and existing customers, using telephone sales techniques to generate business and gain new leads. You will also provide administration support to the Depot. In turn we will provide full training in Depot and through our in house Learning and Development team.
Modern Apprenticeship summary
• Working week
• Days TBC, shifts will be either: 8:00am - 4:00pm/8:30am - 4:30pm.
• Total hours per week: 40.00
• Annual wage: £10,500.00
• Expected Apprenticeship duration - 13 months
• Apprenticeship level - Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
• Positions - 1 available
Responsibilities will include:
• To obtain key information to generate effective customer leads
• Contacting customers on a daily basis, in a friendly and engaging manner over the phone and face to face
• To monitor new accounts with a welcome call/letters and sending of marketing materials
• To deal with enquiries from customers in a courteous, professional and knowledgeable way. Effectively communicating the full range of products and services offered by the company
• Increase the customer account base via the telephone and IT systems available to distribute promotional literature for marketing opportunities
• Maintain accurate records of the customers contacted, so that progress can be measured and relationships developed
• To complete administrative duties such as invoicing customers, stock reconciliation, filing and data entry
• To participate in effective account management and accurate reporting
• To undertake the banking and compliance related tasks when necessary
• To participate as an effective and willing team member to achieve individual and Depot targets
• To ensure a safe and comfortable environment is maintained for customers and employees within the Depot and to ensure 100 % compliance with Health & Safety Regulations and expectations
• Excellent communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Good timekeeping
• Willingness to learn
Nat 5's or above (or equivalent) in English and maths would be ideal but not essential, as this will be covered in your training programme.
At Howdens there are great opportunities to progress into one of many key Depot roles, including sales and management.