The Modern Apprentice will follow a programme that consists of an induction programme, on and off the job training and quarterly progress reviews.
Training will be provided resulting in National Vocational Qualification (NVQ), assessed on the job through observations, professional discussions, evidence and Q&A sessions to judge job competency.
• Warehouse duties – Freight receiving, inspection and labelling.
• Maintenance of warehouse equipment.
• Daily warehouse checks
• Health & safety & security requirements
• Loading & unloading all Expeditors freight into facility
• Inventory management
• Driver validation
• Storage – Long term & short term
• Maintain driver logs
• Arranging transport with service providers
• Operations support to team
• Create and handle files from start to finish
• Ensure accurate and timely data entry into our operational system
• Ensure accurate and timely client and vendors billing.
• Interact with our customers in arranging their international shipments, meeting customer
• Contribute to maintain good relationships with suppliers Meet compliance at all times to regulations internal and external in accordance with government regulations.
• Understand department process flow, and looking for best practices to improve operational efficiency and productivity
• Ensure all customers standard operating procedures in place
• Meet KPI standards in accordance with the Company’s procedures
• Escalation of problems to Management when necessary
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
• 23 days annual leave
• Private medical insurance
• Voluntary, contributory Pension
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Expeditors is a Fortune 500 global logistics company that satisfies the increasingly sophisticated needs of international trade through customized solutions and seamless, integrated information systems. We pride ourselves on being a solutions-based organization and take time to understand each customer’s individual business needs. As a non-asset based organization, we have considerable flexibility when managing our customers’ supply chains.
Our industry professionals, award winning processes, and globally unified systems ensure that we always live up to our promise, You’d be surprised how far we’ll go for you.®
• 15,000 trained professionals
• 250+ locations worldwide
• Fortune 500
• Globally unified systems
The Warehousing & Storage SVQ is an entry level qualification, aimed at warehouse assistants, stockroom assistants, stock receivers, dispatchers and stock pickers to name a few.
The qualification allows learners to focus on their role and how it contributes to the logistics effort of their organisation measured against national occupational standards. The time to complete this qualification is learner led.
National qualifications in English and Maths preferred
Forklift license preferred
Good communications skills
Good organisation skills
Keen and willing to learn