You need to apply for this vacancy directly on their site.Apply on company site
The recruitment of Modern Apprentices is a fair, open and merit based process (16+) and with permanence from the start of the apprenticeship. Applicants must be unemployed or contracted to work 16 hours or less a week. Please state you meet these requirements on your application. Candidates with a disability who meet the essential criteria will be invited to the interview.
National Records of Scotland collects, analyses and publishes a wide range of information about Scotland’s people. These statistics are used to inform policy and funding decisions which affect the lives of everybody living in Scotland.
Working in the Statistics Dissemination Team as the Statistics Website Officer, you will be responsible for assisting the Website Manager with loading and publishing statistical releases and associated material onto the National Records of Scotland website.
• Assist the Statistics Website Manager on publishing around 40 statistical releases per year and other associated material (such as minutes from external stakeholder meetings and geographic lookups) onto NRS website.
• This includes using the NRS web publishing system and liaising with statisticians and carefully checking Excel, Word, pdf and other documents prior to publication. On-the-job training will be provided for the web publishing system.
• Work collaboratively with colleagues including NRS statisticians and IT colleagues to ensure all web publications are of high quality and released on time in line with the Code of Practice for Official Statistics.
• Provide cross-divisional support for Demographic Statistics. For instance, this could include being an Information Management Support Officer (IMSO) for our Electronic Records Documents Management System (eRDM).
Throughout the first 12 months the candidate will be expected to gain a relevant SVQ qualification in Business Administration. Support will be provided by a qualified assessor who will work with the successful candidate on a monthly basis. Time will be given to work on your qualification, this includes delivering 2 presentations.
Please read each of the essential criteria and think about a time or an example that can help demonstrate your knowledge/skills.
1. Good working knowledge of Excel and Word.
2. Good organisational skills including evidence of attention to detail.
3. Positive contribution to team work and team morale.
4. Ability to manage workload to meet deadlines.