You need to apply for this vacancy directly on their site.Apply on company site
Mitchells & Butlers, one of the UKs largest restaurant, pub and bar businesses, want you to join them. If you are looking for Chef Apprenticeship and have bags of passion for cooking, then look no further. Join our team at Miller and Carter.
A Fantastic Opportunity
Chef apprentices have the unique opportunity to develop their Hospitality skills and knowledge, throughout a 12 month structured training programme, whilst taking on an entry level, full time position, at Miller and Carter.
16-17 years old - £4.00 an hour
18-20 years old - £5.00 an hour
21+ years old - £6.00 an hour
As a Chef Modern Apprentice, you're an essential cog to the running of the restaurant, pub or bar, so we are looking for applicants whom are passionate about working their way up within a professional kitchen and delivering the best possible customer-experience.
To prepare and cook food quickly and efficiently and support the running of the kitchen, with the key aim of delivering quality food and service to our guests to brand specification and within brand standard timings.
Responsibilities included in this role:
• Learning from more experienced Team Members how to work/run a busy section within a professional kitchen
• Experience different avenues, work your way up to be able to manage different elements of working in a kitchen
• Prepare, cook and present food to company specification
• Keep kitchen clean, tidy and hygienic at all times by completing various regular cleaning duties
• Supporting the kitchen team by making sure equipment is clean and available when needed, by using the pot wash and keeping the kitchen tidy
• Work safely around kitchen equipment
• Keep up to date with new products, menus and promotions
• Adhere to company policies and procedures and licensing laws
• Be involved and contribute at all team meetings
• Carry out instructions as given by Management and Head Office
• Pride in delivering excellent customer service
• Good teamwork ethic
• Strong communication and listening skills
• The ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Organised multitasker
• Ability to follow instructions and work well in a team
• Attention to detail and creativity for food presentation
• Keen to develop your skills in the Hospitality sector
• An enthusiasm to learn
• A smart and tidy appearance
• Ability to seek assistance when dealing with demanding customers
• High standards of cleanliness and hygiene
• A flexibility to work weekends, evenings and holidays – this is a MUST in any Hospitality role
No previous qualifications required.