You need to apply for this vacancy directly on their site.Apply on company site
The recruitment of Modern Apprentices is a fair, open and merit based process (16+) and with permanence from the start of the apprenticeship. Applicants must be unemployed or contracted to work 16 hours or less a week. Please state you meet these requirements on your application. Candidates with a disability who meet the essential criteria will be invited to the interview.
The Capability Development Assistant role is part of the Capability Development and Project Assurance branch, which sits within the Procurement and Commercial Policy & Strategy Division of the Scottish Procurement and Commercial Directorate.
As well as delivering critical public services, the power of procurement can deliver real, measurable impacts that are good for business and employees; good for place and communities; and good for society.
Through our work, we are helping to tackle the big issues, from inequality and climate change to underpinning inclusive economic growth. If you want to make a difference and be at the forefront of driving innovation in procurement, come join our team in the Scottish Procurement and Commercial Directorate.
The team leads on improving procurement, commercial and project management skills within the Scottish Government and the wider public sector in Scotland. The post holder will be expected to provide administrative support and assistance across all these areas.
• Providing administrative support for internal and external meetings and events, including booking meeting/conference rooms, arranging hospitality, producing and issuing agendas and meeting materials, taking minutes of meetings, etc. This will involve establishing good working relationships with colleagues and communicating well with internal and external stakeholders.
• Providing general support to the Capability Development and Project Assurance branch and line management as required, including maintaining and updating spreadsheets.
• Taking responsibility for ensuring that quarterly management information is accurate and submitted by suppliers by the due date.
• Monitor the branch’s shared mailboxes and respond to customer queries in a timely and professional manner.
Throughout the first 12 months the candidate will be expected to gain a relevant SVQ qualification in Procurement. Support will be provided by a qualified assessor who will work with the successful candidate on a monthly basis. Time will be given to work on your qualification.
Please read each of the essential criteria and think about a time or an example that can help demonstrate your knowledge/skills.
1. Strong communication skills, both oral and written, and able to confidently communicate with a range of people at all levels.
2. Good organisational skills with attention to detail.
3. Able to plan and prioritise workload to meet deadlines and an ability to work flexibly within the team when required.
4. Able to work on own initiative and seek support and advice from others when needed.