GP Strategies are delighted to be assisting our client with the recruitment and training of an Apprentice Business Administrator based in their Borders Office, and looking to develop a career within an Admin role.
The Role – what will you be doing?
As part of a busy Admin team, you will work primarily in our Commercial Real Estate Department, but also support all departments within the firm when needed. A strong customer focus to deliver an excellent service is necessary. You will provide junior secretarial and administrative support working with the senior secretaries with tasks included in, but not limited to, the list below.
• Scanning and distributing incoming mail
• Photocopying, scanning, printing, binding, filing and archiving
• Supporting the preparation of bulk documentation, files and bundles
• Using PDF Docs to put legal bundles together, paginating papers and reduce file sizes
• Helping to maintain our Interaction database
• Providing ad-hoc cover for reception
• Setting up for events/large meetings
• Maintaining stationery and printer paper/toner
• Making hand deliveries
• Training in and assisting with legal secretarial duties (including dictation, formatting and amending documents, raising invoices and completing cashroom forms)
• Assisting with ad-hoc departmental projects
The Modern Apprenticeship Programme is targeted at building our workforce of the future. Funding for training is available for applicants aged 16-19 and 20-24 (depending on the framework) and for disabled and care-experienced applicants between the ages of 20-29. Please ensure, if you are applying for a Modern Apprentice post, that you meet one of these criteria.
You will work towards the achievement of a nationally recognised Business Administration Diploma (SCQF 6). You will be supported throughout your apprentice journey by a dedicated GP Strategies Assessor.
Upon completion of the Apprenticeship Programme, there will be career progression opportunities for you as well as further scope for training and development.
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the following skills:
• Have good computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Good communication skills with the ability to liaise and work well with partners, fee earners, business support staff and other secretaries
• Demonstrate common sense and a methodical approach
• Act professionally and be a representative for the firm
• Work with enthusiasm, commitment and flexibility
• Ideally candidates should have National 5 (or equivalent/demonstrable ability) in English