East Ayrshire Council
You need to apply for this vacancy directly on their site.Apply on company site
To provide a business and administrative support service, within a learning contract, to the Development Planning and Regeneration Team, in order to assist with the promotion, delivery and integration of the Council's key objectives; specifically in relation to the Community Plan, Shared Commitments, Single Outcome Agreement and Best Value.
1. Respond to general enquiries and correspondence and process as directed, liaising with internal and external customers as appropriate.
2. Provide photocopying, mail, fax, filing, call-handling, word processing and other related tasks as required.
3. Participate in the Modern Apprentice Programme to ensure that training and employment needs are met.
4. Receive visitors to the department ensuring principles of good Customer Care are observed at all times.
5. Make and receive internal/external telephone calls, dealing with enquiries personally, or referring to the appropriate sources.
6. Process all incoming and outgoing, internal and external mail, ensuring efficient distribution, appropriate recording and tracking procedures are followed.
7. Maintain various records, registers and statistical information, both manual and computerised.
8. Assist with the co-ordination of archiving and retention of records in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
9. Operate PECOS, the council's electronic purchasing system; including generating purchase orders in accordance with procurement procedures and entering delivery notes.
10. Use Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access).
11. Undertake a level 2 Business and Administration Modern Apprenticeship.
Able to take instruction and direction.
Able to work with supervision or as part of team.
Develop positive and productive relationships with everyone.
Listen, notice, respond and engage.
Manage our reactions and think about how our behaviour affects others.