An engineering service company who provide these services to a range of clients, primarily within the energy sectors. With plans for a significant expansion, they have an immediate requirement for an Accounts Assistant Apprentice to become part of the team, based in their Falkirk office.
As an Administrator, you'll be highly organised, provide exceptional admin support to the office manager and sales staff. In return, they'll support you with training and development. This is a superb opportunity.
Provide accounts administrative support including:
- Managing Board reporting process – planning and organising mtgs, preparing reporting packages, charts and metrics, maintaining minutes.
- Completing the start-up book-keeping processes for the business - sales invoicing, Invoice factoring, expense processing, monthly payroll, VAT reporting and assisting the payments process.
- With guidance from MD completing the month-end close process and balance sheet review process.
- Prepare and track customer quotes (CTRs) and manage cost reporting by project.
- Acting as accounts administrator and first point of contact for finance covering incoming mail, telephone, dairy management, accounts inbox management, creating reports and presentations, travel management, proof reading documents
- Providing project management support
- Providing HR administrative support covering appraisal process management, annual leave tracking, sickness recording, and support for training and hiring.
Other administration duties include:
- Provide PA secretarial support to a group of 3 Directors, coordinating diaries meetings and travel.
- Formatting of project documents and deliverables to a very high standard
- Set up and maintain project filing systems
- Managing KPI's and safety metric tracking
- Tracking of all company certification, ensuring that accurate records are maintained, and everything is up to date such as accreditation's and equipment certification.
- We are looking for a minimum of Highers, including Maths, English and a Business/IT related subject. - Excellent Office 365 skills are essential with experience in Excel, Word and PowerPoint functionality. SharePoint knowledge is also desirable.
- Previous experience working in project team environment.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to use own initiative and complete work to a high standard whilst working to deadlines.
- Experience in a similar (Engineering) environment.
- Hands on knowledge of Sage accounting software and monthly accounting processes.
- Receptionist/administrative experience in a fast-paced environment is desirable but not essential.
Applicants must be aged 16-19 due to funding restrictions. Applicants who are care experienced or disabled are eligible to apply up to the age of 29.