You need to apply for this vacancy directly on their site.Apply on company site
Objective of Role:
• To work within the Property and Workplace department to provide a first class professional Property and Workplace service which is client focussed, commercial, innovative and supportive of the firm's business needs and vision.
• The DLA Piper Property and Workplace department provides premises and office services including management and maintenance of the firm's property portfolio and business support services including but not restricted to maintenance, storage, archiving, mail services, logistics, catering, vending, reception, switchboard services, security and switchboard services, cleaning, hospitality and meeting room support, refurbishments, projects and relocations, health and safety compliance.
• Reporting to a Property and Workplace Team Leader or Coordinator , the Property and Workplace assistant delivers agreed levels of Property and Workplace services and activities to achieve a high level of client and staff satisfaction.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• processing of incoming and outgoing mail , parcels, reprographics work and travel tickets;
• provide occasional lunch-time support to the Reception Team, or other cover as the business demands;
• assisting with raising and issuing of purchase orders and processing invoices for payment or other administration duties;
• providing support and cover to other service lines within the Property and Workplace department e.g. reception or Reprographics if required;
• meeting room set ups including audio visual equipment;
• stationery services including restocking of copier points;
• assist with office moves and projects;
• liaise with customers as a central point of contact via phone or email to answer queries, provide assistance or log jobs for other services to attend to (e.g. maintenance, vending, cleaning);
• process unreferenced mail;
• delivery of heavy items;
• provide a first class service to internal and external customers;
• the role is physically demanding in nature.
EXPERIENCE & CHARACTERISTICS
Skills and Personal Attributes
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Enthusiastic 'can do' attitude.
• Good sense of humour.
• Professional even when under pressure.
• Customer service focussed.
• Proven ability to work closely with others as part of a team.
• Smartly presented.
• Good timekeeping and attendance.
• Ability to use own initiative.
• Able to work as part of a team.
• Flexible to ensure a high standard of service delivery.
• Willing to take ownership and responsibility for own actions and duties.
Please note that the salary for this vacancy is pro rata'd to the part time hours 1pm - 6pm.
This role will provide you with skills to be able to meet deadlines
This role will develop you relationship building and client service skills
• Prior experience in a similar role is advantageous but not essential
• Experience in the legal sector is advantageous but not essential
• Prior experience working in a customer service role
Literacy (Essential Requirement)
The job holder will be required to read, understand and compile emails/letters and read, understand and follow procedures. They will be expected to accurately complete documentation.
Numeracy (Essential Requirement)
The job holder must be able to undertake calculations and interpret numerical data.
Problem Solving Ability (Essential Requirement)
The job holder is expected to respond promptly and effectively to Property and Workplace queries or problems and resolve them.
Communications (Essential Requirement)
Good communication skills, both written and spoken are essential as there will be extensive contact with internal and external clients and suppliers.
Business Systems (Essential Requirement)
Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Education (Substantial Requirement)
Educated to Higher standard or equivalent including English and Maths grades A-C.
Versatility (Substantial requirement)
The job holder is required to be flexible, resilient and able to work under pressure. The majority of priorities are known in advance however timescales are often short. The job holder is expected to manage their own time effectively taking into account short timescales and variable workload. The job holder must be able to react quickly to problems in the local office.