A busy medical practice located in the Cramond area of Edinburgh is looking for a Medical Receptionist Apprentice to join the team.
You will learn a range of administration and reception duties which will give an introduction to working within a medical environment, developing your skills along the way. It comprises of around 25 members of staff and a patient list of around 9000.
What might a day in this job look like?
- Booking appointments and managing requests for house calls
- Greeting patients on arrival and ensure they are checked in for their appointment
- Dealing with queries and explaining practice procedures
- Registering new and temporary patients
- Accurately issuing repeat prescriptions and recording in pharmacy book if necessary
- Dealing with requests for test results and liaising with clinicians where necessary
- Dealing with EMIS tasks and completing or re-directing tasks promptly
- Checking clinical email and directing messages to the appropriate person and/or patient record
- Securing building and operating alarm system at the beginning and/or end of the day
- Ensuring waiting room and reception areas are kept tidy and leaflets and posters are up-to-date
- General administrative duties e.g. filing, photocopying, faxing
- Attending staff meetings and training sessions
- Understanding rules relating to patient confidentiality and ensuring these are applied at all times
- Providing cover for absent colleagues when required
Full job duties will be discussed at interview stage.
- You will be working towards a Business Administration Modern Apprenticeship/SVQ at SCQF Level 6 qualification
- Industry related training
- Someone with a minimum of National 5s in Maths and English and/or Higher Grades.
- Interest in working in a medical environment and the general public
- Ability to communicate effectively by telephone and face-to-face
- Friendly and helpful manner
- Ability to remain calm when under pressure
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to complete tasks and meet deadlines
- Computer literacy and ability to adapt to new computer systems