You need to apply for this vacancy directly on their site.Apply on company site
The recruitment of Modern Apprentices is a fair, open and merit based process (16+) and with permanence from the start of the apprenticeship. Candidates with a disability who meet the essential criteria below will be invited to the interview.
This role is within the Central Authority Team, which is part of the Courts and Tribunals unit. The Central Authority deal with international civil law, including recovery of child maintenance, parental child abduction, the service of judicial documents and taking of evidence. We engage with many Countries around the world. It is a varied and busy role, with no two days the same.
It is an exciting opportunity to work in a friendly team, where you will be supported to complete your SVQ Level 2.
• Dealing with enquiries on the telephone, by email and in writing.
• Liaising with other Central Authorities, members of the public, court staff, solicitors and other Scottish Government Departments.
• Managing your own caseload and being responsible for ensuring it is kept up to date.
• Sorting and distributing mail within the team, as well as filing and photocopying.
• Undertaking any administration duties that arise.
Qualification – Throughout the first 12 months of your post, you will undertake and achieve an SVQ Level 2 in Business Administration (equivalent to a National 5). Support will be provided by a qualified assessor who will work with and support you on a monthly basis. Time will be given to work on your qualification, this includes delivering 2 presentations.
Training will be provided on the use of relevant systems and procedures.
The post will offer considerable development opportunities. An adaptable and flexible approach will allow the post holder to gain knowledge and expertise in a wide range of areas.
Please read each of the essential criteria and think about a time or an example that can help demonstrate your knowledge/skills.
1. Ability to work well as part of a team.
2. Ability to communicate well, build and maintain positive working relationships.
3. Ability to manage workload and work to deadlines whilst paying attention to details.