You need to apply for this vacancy directly on their site.Apply on company site
The recruitment of Modern Apprentices is a fair, open and merit based process (16+) and with permanence from the start of the apprenticeship. Candidates with a disability who meet the essential criteria below will be invited to the interview.
The People Directorate Support team forms part of the Directorate for People. It is a small and friendly team. We provide HR services to staff across all of the Directorates and you will therefore have the opportunity to learn a great deal about HR, the Senior Civil Service and the Scottish Government as a whole. We also deliver a variety of events throughout the year to the Senior Civil Service. The team comprises of the Head of Directorate Business Support Unit, Finance and Business Support Officer, Business Manager, Business Support & Events Officer, Business Support and Finance Administrator and this post, Business Support Assistant.
• Provide support to the Business Manager in the day to day management of Director of People’s diary, organising meetings and preparing papers.
• Book meeting rooms and external venues, including seeking quotes and ensure all IT equipment, catering and refreshments are provided.
• Manage travel and accommodation requests as required.
• Provide administrative support to the Business Support & Events Officer with the organisation of events for senior staff.
• Assist with the co-ordination of responses and requests for information from People Directorate.
• Work with the Business Support and Finance Administrator to pay invoices making sure they are paid in line with the guidance.
• Deal confidently with staff of all levels within and out with the Scottish Government in person and on the telephone.
• Provide ad-hoc administrative support to the wider team when required.
Qualification – Throughout the first 12 months of your post, you will undertake and achieve an SVQ Level 2 in Business Administration (equivalent to a National 5). Support will be provided by a qualified assessor who will work with and support you on a monthly basis. Time will be given to work on your qualification, this includes delivering 2 presentations.
Training will be provided on the use of relevant systems and procedures.
The post will offer considerable development opportunities. An adaptable and flexible approach will allow the post holder to gain knowledge and expertise in a wide range of areas.
Please read each of the essential criteria and think about a time or an example that can help demonstrate your knowledge/skills.
1 : Strong communication skills including written and verbal.
2 : Have the ability to provide a high level of customer service.
3 : Ability to work well as part of a small team.
4 : Good knowledge and understanding of Outlook and Microsoft Office applications, in particular Excel.