Updates on coronavirus (COVID-19): Get the latest information on the response to the outbreak, including guidance for individuals, training providers and employers.
GP Strategies are delighted to be assisting our client with the recruitment and training of an Apprentice Receptionist / Administrator based in Perth and looking to develop a career within an Admin role.
This role is customer focussed and works closely with internal and external tenants, clients and visitors to the Business Centre. The role forms part of the core administration team who are responsible for the efficient, proactive and seamless delivery of administration support to all businesses within the group.
The role provides reception and administrative support for the centre as well as for the office and management team, maintaining strong communication links at all levels. You will report to the office manager and your main duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to;
• As a main point of contact, responsible for ensuring an efficient, timely, professional and courteous response to all clients / customers / suppliers / visitors either by answering the telephone, having face to face contact or via email. Ensure all enquiries are dealt with positively and in line with Company policy.
• Assisting with tenant issues (eg IT, telephones, snagging). Recording and updating tenant information.
• Assisting with stock control and backup for Kitchen replenishing. Cleaning Rota and liaising with cleaner as regards to lunch meeting bookings.
• Ensuring Health & Safety procedures are adhered to and collate information including weekly fire alarm & CCTV monitoring.
• Ad hoc duties as requested by the Office Manager or as required during the day-to-day running of the Centre.
• Work towards been responsible for ensuring the correct procedures are followed and kept up to date for processing and responding to Business Centre enquiries.
• Assist in managing all new enquiries ensuring they are responded to as soon as possible sending the necessary correspondence and marketing material.
• Responsible for handling mail and deliveries ensuring recording processes are followed.
• Arranging and handling Boardroom and Meeting room bookings for internal and external clients.
• Assisting in the development of marketing procedures and business strategies for conferencing facilities. Events management for promotion of the company.
• Provide admin support to other areas of the business (e.g. Accounts, other Business Reception areas, and Residences).
This is a fantastic opportunities for school, college and university leavers who are based in the Perth area and are keen to kick-start a career as within an office environment. This is a full-time opportunity in which you will gain the chance to earn as you learn
The successful candidate will undertake a Modern Apprenticeship in Business Administration. You will work towards the achievement of a nationally recognised Business Administration Apprenticeship (SCQF 6). A dedicated GP Strategies Assessor will support you throughout your apprentice journey.
The Modern Apprenticeship Programme is targeted at building our workforce of the future. Funding for training is available for applicants aged 16-19 and 20-24 (depending on the framework) and for disabled and care-experienced applicants between the ages of 20-29. Please ensure, if you are applying for a Modern Apprentice post, that you meet one of these criteria,
Upon completion of the Apprenticeship Programme, there will be career progression opportunities for you as well as further scope for training and development.
You’ll have a head start in this vacancy if you’ve completed a Foundation Apprenticeship in a related field. We’ll need you to provide evidence of your qualification and show you gained the relevant skills from your placement
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the following skills:
Requirements you will need:-
• Strong administration and coordination skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Good attention to detail
• Strong verbal communication
• High level of attention to detail
• Pro-active 'can do' approach
• Good team worker and player,
• Excellent time management, organisational and prioritisation skills
• Professional and presentable
• Reliable, flexible and friendly