Updates on coronavirus (COVID-19): Get the latest information on the response to the outbreak, including guidance for individuals, training providers and employers.
GP Strategies are delighted to be supporting a small but growing practice and are currently seeking to recruit an apprentice to join their team. Our client based in Edinburgh are looking for a Self-motivated apprentice to join team as a Finance Apprentice.
Reporting directly to the Accounts Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the accounts are accurate and the processes and controls are maintained.
However, as the firm is fairly small, this role calls for a self-motivated individual who can handle a wide range of general practice involvement but also offers the successful candidate an opportunity to develop the role within the firm as we grow further.
You will be responsible for:
• Assisting with the day-to-day bookkeeping.
• Assisting the Accounts Management team with Completions of VAT returns
• Supporting monthly accounts preparation, and yearly audit.
• Assisting with inputs to and producing reports from our Xero, Quickbooks and Sage based accounting system
• Some Office Administration
The Modern Apprenticeship Programme is targeted at building our workforce of the future. Funding for training is available for applicants aged 16-19 and 20-24 (depending on the framework) and for disabled and care-experienced applicants between the ages of 20-29. Please ensure, if you are applying for a Modern Apprentice post, that you meet one of these criteria.
A dedicated GP Strategies Assessor will support you throughout your apprentice journey, you will undertake GP Strategies award winning Business Administration Apprenticeship programme, which leads to the attainment of a nationally recognised SVQ in Business Administration. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to build a career in the finance sector.
You’ll have a head start in this vacancy if you’ve completed a Foundation Apprenticeship in a related field. We’ll need you to provide evidence of your qualification and show you gained the relevant skills from your placement
We are keen to hear from candidates with an interest in Finance/Accounts. To be successful in this role you will have to demonstrate the following skills and qualities:
• Excellent organisational skills
• Effective time management & planning skills
• Great communication & interpersonal skills with an awareness of customer service
• Ability to work as part of a team and independently when required
• Proficient IT skills; MOS Excel, Access, Word
• Good numeracy skills
• Reliable and determined individual