You need to apply for this vacancy directly on their site.Apply on company site
You will be part of a fast paced, creative team who are leading the council into the rapidly developing world of digital communications. You will work with colleagues to create primarily digital multimedia content, which allows effective engagement with the public, stakeholders and employees. You will also support the delivery of these materials and other council information through a variety of channels, including social media and the website/intranet, directing this particularly at a younger demographic. Please note that this is a politically restricted post.
As part of our Modern Apprenticeship programme we will help you develop all the skills, knowledge and confidence you need and you will get full induction, training and support from the council and our training partners to take you through the nationally recognised qualification you will complete as part of the programme.
Outline of Duties:
• To help promote the council and its services to a range of stakeholders, including the public, partners and employees.
• To support the creation of relevant and engaging digital multimedia content.
• To support the management of social media accounts.
• To assist with the updating of the council’s website, intranet and internal communications channels.
• To support the planning and delivery of digital campaigns.
• To assist in monitoring and reporting on performance of social media channels.
• To input ideas for content creation and delivery.
• To assist and support our work with internal and external partners to identify collaborative activity and content where appropriate
• Work with communications colleagues to monitor the implementation of the corporate brand guidelines.
• Monitor the communications service email inbox and work with communications colleagues and services to respond to media enquiries appropriately and in a timely manner.
• Contribute to digital and news media including the internal e-social media, the intranet sites and other formats.
• Manage information in a digital way by accessing, storing and retrieving electronic files and folders.
• Communicate with colleagues and others using Outlook, Skype for Business and other digital tools.
• To comply with all data protection law in the processing of personal, and special categories of personal data, in line with the council’s full privacy statement and service privacy notes.
This job description is indicative of the nature and level of responsibilities associated with this job. It is not exhaustive and the job may need to change in consultation with the post holder who may be required to undertake any other similar duties and responsibilities as may be allocated.
Three National 4 Grades, including English or NC Level 4/SVQ Level 1 in Administration or other relevant subject, or equivalent qualification; or relevant office experience
Ability to undertake SVQ Level 3 in Digital Marketing and any other relevant training as part of the Modern Apprenticeship programme
Willingness to undertake mandatory information governance training