You need to apply for this vacancy directly on their site.Apply on company site
As part of a small team, you will assist in the delivery of Building Standards in Angus, processing and assisting in verification of applications for Building Warrants and Completion Certificates. You will also assist the team with dangerous buildings and administering housing grants.
As part of our Modern Apprenticeship programme we will help you develop all the skills, knowledge and confidence you need and you will get full induction, training and support from the council and our training partners to take you through the nationally recognised qualification you will complete as part of the programme.
The job holder will undertake a range of general, clerical, technical and support duties which will typically include:
• Carry out a range of documented procedures and instructions using initiative and judgement to make simple technical decisions.
• Assist in the processing of building warrant applications using a range of specialist software packages.
• Assist Building Standards Officers and Technicians carry out their duties in terms of assessing Building Warrant applications, carry out site inspections and deal with dangerous buildings.
• Assist the Quantity Surveyor process and assess applications for housing adaptations.
• Interpret information and/or situations and solve generally similar problems which arise.
• Manage information in a digital way by accessing, storing and retrieving electronic files and folders.
• Communicating with colleagues and others using Outlook, Skype for Business and other digital tools.
• Process confidential, personal and sensitive information.
• Telephone Duties
• Routine filing and collation.
• Assist in processing and allocating mail.
• Assist in the preparation and sending of letters, emails, newsletters and other correspondence.
• Input data including word processing and/or the use of a range of other software packages.
• Seek and provide information and advice from and to work colleagues and/or members of the public.
• To comply with all data protection law in the processing of personal, and special categories of personal data, in line with the council’s full privacy statement and service privacy notices.
This job description is indicative of the nature and level of responsibilities associated with this job. It is not exhaustive and the job may need to change in consultation with the post holder who may be required to undertake any other similar duties and responsibilities as may be allocated.
Three National 5 Grades, including Mathematics and English or NC Level 4/SVQ Level 1 in Administration or other relevant subject, or equivalent qualification; or relevant office experience.
Ability to undertake SVQ Level 3 in Construction Contracting Operations: Site Technical Support and any other relevant training
Willingness to undertake mandatory information governance training