You need to apply for this vacancy directly on their site.Apply on company site
As part of a small friendly team you will work with colleagues to provide a front of house reception service to visitors to the council and you will assist with the smooth running of the main council properties and locality hubs.
As part of our Modern Apprenticeship programme we will help you develop all the skills, knowledge and confidence you need and you will get full induction, training and support from the council and our training partners to take you through the nationally recognised qualification you will complete as part of the programme.
• Greet, welcome and direct visitors and staff when they arrive; notifying employees of the visitors arrival and issuing ID badges to all visitors entering the building.
• With support, deal with enquiries and provide basic information on the phone and face to face to visitors to the council.
• Keep the reception area tidy and presentable, and check stock levels regularly of stationery and materials (e.g. pens, forms and brochures). Keep good housekeeping standards both inside and around the perimeter of properties (cleaning up of minor spills, replenishment of washroom supplies, recycling, rubbish collection etc.).
• Assist with maintaining building security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (by maintaining visitor’s logbook and fire register, issue visitors with ID badges).
• Manage information in a digital way by accessing, storing and retrieving electronic files and folders.
• Communicating with colleagues and others using Outlook, Skype for Business and other digital tools.
• Record and receipt mail received at reception (including tender documents).
• Receive, sort and deliver incoming mail using web based recording systems. Collect all outgoing mail ready for courier service collection. Undertake courier service, as required
• Assist in issuing new and amended employee ID cards using ID software.
• Assist with meeting room bookings and electric car bookings, as required.
• Assist with the set-up of meeting rooms, including helping with screens, sound, tables, chairs and maintaining the coffee machine provisions.
• Assist with maintaining the Electric Car logs, record the issue and receipt of keys. Help to maintain electric cars including ensuring car recharged by service users after use and cleaned regularly both internally and externally.
• Assist with the operation and maintenance of key council properties including locality hubs and the operation of key FM services.
• Assist with undertaking the weekly fire alarm test. Maintain and update fire log and accident record log.
• Report building maintenance issues and undertake basic maintenance, as required. Report building health & safety issues as requested.
• Accept deliveries on behalf of servics and deliver to services (large or heavy items will be collected from reception by services).
• Supply stationery to services including paper and toner supplies to all Multi-Functional Devices.
This job description is indicative of the nature and level of responsibilities associated with this job. It is not exhaustive and the job may need to change in consultation with the post holder who may be required to undertake any other similar duties and responsibilities as may be allocated.
Three National 4 Grades, including Mathematics and English or NC Level 4/SVQ Level 1 in Administration or other relevant subject, or equivalent qualification; or relevant office experience.
Ability to undertake SVQ Level 3 in Business and Administration and any other relevant training as part of the Modern Apprenticeship programme
Willingness to undertake mandatory information governance training.