You need to apply for this vacancy directly on their site.Apply on company site
As part of a small team, you will assist housing officers deliver a person centred housing service, which will include providing information from and to work colleagues and/or members of the public face-to-face, over the telephone or via written communication. You will also participate in team meetings and carry out a range of administrative procedures and general IT/digital tasks.
As part of our Modern Apprenticeship programme we will help you develop all the skills, knowledge and confidence you need and you will get full induction, training and support from the council and our training partners to take you through the nationally recognised qualification you will complete as part of the programme.
The job holder will undertake a range of general clerical and support duties which will typically include:
• Assist Housing Officers to deliver the provision of a proactive person centred housing service.
• Process confidential, personal and sensitive information.
• Participate in team meetings and contribute to effective team work and the flexible development of the service.
• Participate in learning and development activities as appropriate to meet the requirements from Skills Development Scotland relating to modern apprenticeships.
• Manage information in a digital way by accessing, storing and retrieving electronic files and folders.
• Communicating with colleagues and others using Outlook, Skype for Business and other digital tools.
• Carry out a range of administrative procedures using initiative to make routine decisions.
• Interpret information and/or situations and solve generally similar problems which arise.
• Input data/extract information by using a range of software packages.
• Undertake general IT and digital tasks (e.g. social media updates, document management).
• Seek and provide information from and to work colleagues and/or members of the public face-to-face, over the telephone or via written communication.
• Develop and sustain effective working relationships.
• Comply with all data protection law in the processing of personal, and special categories of personal data, in line with the council’s full privacy statement and service privacy notes.
This job description is indicative of the nature and level of responsibilities associated with this job. It is not exhaustive and the job may need to change in consultation with the post holder who may be required to undertake any other similar duties and responsibilities as may be allocated.
Three National 4 Grades, including English
Ability to undertake SVQ Level 2 in Housing
Ability to undertake CIH Level 2 in Housing Practice
Willingness to undertake training
Willingness to undertake mandatory information governance training