You need to apply for this vacancy directly on their site.Apply on company site
As part of a small team, you will be helping deliver sessions to ensure children and young people are more active in various sports and physical activities. You will also work with the Active Schools team to help deliver small projects and school sports events.
As part of our Modern Apprenticeship programme we will help you develop all the skills, knowledge and confidence you need and you will get full induction, training and support from the council and our training partners to take you through the nationally recognised qualification you will complete as part of the programme.
The job holder will undertake a range of general administrative and sports support duties which will typically include:
• Assist in the planning, co-ordination and delivery of sport and activity programmes for children aged 5 – 18 years during out of school hours.
• Assist and support the development of school sports events as identified.
• Assist in the planning, co-ordination and organisation of competitive school sport programmes.
• Assist in monitoring and reporting of children’s participation in sports and activity sessions including evaluating sessions.
• Assist in encouraging and involving children, not currently engaged, into sport/health related activities.
• Carry out a range of routine procedures and instructions using initiative to make routine decisions.
• Interpret information and/or situations and solve generally similar problems which arise.
• Manage information in a digital way by accessing, storing and retrieving electronic files and folders.
• Communicating with colleagues and others using Outlook, Skype for Business and other digital tools.
• Process confidential, personal and sensitive information.
• Telephone operation.
• Routine filing and collation.
• Input data including word processing, excel and powepoint and/or the use of a range of other software packages.
• Seek and provide information from and to work colleagues and/or members of the public.
• To comply with all data protection law in the processing of personal, and special categories of personal data, in line with the council’s full privacy statement and service privacy notes.
This job description is indicative of the nature and level of responsibilities associated with this job. It is not exhaustive and the job may need to change in consultation with the post holder who may be required to undertake any other similar duties and responsibilities as may be allocated.
Three National 4 Grades, including Mathematics and English, or equivalent qualification.
Ability to undertake the SVQ Level 3 in Leisure Management
Sports Leaders SCQF Level 4 National Governing Body Qualification (Induction Award)
Experience of sports coaching involving children and young people
Willingness to undertake mandatory information governance training