You need to apply for this vacancy directly on their site.Apply on company site
Community Health & Social Care are recruiting Modern Apprentices to join existing residential care teams across Shetland, supporting elderly adults, adults with mental health and adults living with learning disabilities and autism. The Modern Apprentices will learn how to provide person-centred support in accordance with legislation and guidelines, and how to attend to the physical, social and emotional needs of customers within residential accommodation. Support will be given to study in the work place and via the Shetland College. This will allow the successful candidates to understand their role fully and to gain a Scottish Vocational Qualification Level 2 in Care.
Modern Apprentices work 35 hours per week in a shift rota system, including evening and weekends, working flexibly to meet the requirements of customers within 24 hour Services. An enhanced hourly rate is paid for weekend working.
1. To provide support under guidance to individuals according to their assessed need identified in their support plan.
2. To contribute to writing, monitoring and evaluating support plans with respect to customers identified needs.
3. To keep records and communicate using electronic systems e.g. word and email.
4. To work as part of the team.
5. To learn how to focus on outcomes for customers following best practice guidance.
6. To learn how to promote equality of opportunities and non-discriminatory practice.
7. To follow adult and/or child protection procedures, raising concerns with senior staff.
8. To prepare and provide agreed individual and/or group activities for customers.
9. Under strict supervision administer medication in line with relevant policy and procedures when assessed as competent.
10. To learn how to support customers to engage in positive relationships.
11. To participate in regular supervision and work related meetings.
12. To demonstrate a self directed approach to learning, development and continued improvement.
13. To undertake learning and development of practice in line with best practice guidance as identified through supervision or employee review and development.
14. To work towards achieving a recognised qualification to meet professional registration requirements.
15. To work safely within organisational and legislative requirements; this will include fire safety and infection control measures.
16. To follow relevant policies and procedures and apply them appropriately within the service.
17. To communicate in a professional, courteous and respectful manner and adhere to strict confidentiality guidelines.
18. To undertake any domestic duties and food preparation as required.
19. To work shifts on a rota system and work flexibly to meet the needs of the customers in a 24 hour service.
You’ll have a head start in this vacancy if you’ve completed a Foundation Apprenticeship in a related field. We’ll need you to provide evidence of your qualification and show you gained the relevant skills from your placement
Positive and non- judgemental attitude to customer group.
Flexible and adaptable to the changing needs of the service
Reliable and honest.
Foundation Apprenticeship or 4 National 5s or Standard Grades passes (or equivalent), one of which
should be English if you do not have a Credit level pass or Higher/A level.
Prospective students without the standard entry requirements are encouraged to apply and will be
considered on an individual basis.