St Andrew's University
You need to apply for this vacancy directly on their site.Apply on company site
Through a period of apprenticeship and training, learn & develop the necessary skills, expertise and experience to provide assistance to the members of the IT/AV teams and ultimately be able to fully perform the role of IT/AV Support Technician.
Under the supervision and direction of the Desktop Operations Supervisor and other members of the IT/AV teams, develop a full understanding and an ability to perform the key tasks and responsibilities of an IT/AV Support Technician by:
1. Learning how to monitor the IT Service Management system for new incidents and service requests, processing based on priority and urgency.
2. Learning how to and assisting others in the provision of 2nd line support of a wide range of desktop, laptop, mobile, printing, audio-visual, media and telephony technologies as well as standard software applications and corporate systems and services.
3. Learning how to and assisting others in the provision of technical support for internal & external events and specialist teaching facilities.
4. Helping others to efficiently and effectively resolve various IT/AV incidents and service requests e.g. hardware /software queries and AV faults in teaching spaces.
5. Learning how to and assisting others to provide remote and in-person 2nd line support for IT/AV equipment and multimedia technologies in Learning and Teaching spaces, with a focus on a fast, efficient resolution.
6. Learning how to promptly & appropriately escalate complex incidents which cannot be resolved to other team members and/or 3rd line support teams.
7. Assisting in the provision of routine maintenance for all IT and AV equipment in Learning & Teaching spaces.
8. Learning how to build, image and configure various PC and Mac hardware devices.
9. Assisting in the support of effective delivery of client operating systems and various software applications for students and staff.
10. Becoming familiar with and when required, participating in operational activities relating to the refresh of staff and student PCs and audio-visual technology.
11. Learning how to ensure service and operational level agreements, service standards and agreed customer satisfaction levels are achieved by promptly dealing with IT/AV incidents and service requests.
12. Helping to maintain a high degree of customer service for all support incidents & service requests and adhere to best practice IT Service Management principles.
13. Learning how to contribute to procedural documentation to assist the Service Desk team with effective and efficient resolution of common incidents.
14. By Liaising, communicating and collaborating with other colleagues within IT Services, learn how to and assist in providing a seamless customer journey.
15. Maintaining a personal development programme as agreed with line manager.
You’ll have a head start in this vacancy if you’ve completed a Foundation Apprenticeship in a related field. We’ll need you to provide evidence of your qualification and show you gained the relevant skills from your placement
• Good communication skills
• Understand and know how to deliver a good customer service
• An interest and enthusiasm for IT/AV